Military Academy Nominations
The honor of attending a service academy comes with the obligation and commitment to serve in the military for a minimum of five years upon graduation. For more information, please review the page of Frequently Asked Questions for those seeking a service academy nomination.
Members of Congress may nominate candidates for appointment to four of the five U.S. service academies: U.S. Military Academy in West Point, N.Y.; the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, Md.; the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colo.; and the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy in Kings Point, N.Y. The fifth service academy, the U.S. Coast Guard Academy in New London, Conn, does not require a congressional nomination for appointment.
The following items must be received in my Huntington office, 845 Fifth Avenue, Suite 314, Huntington, WV 25701 by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 31, 2017:
- Letter requesting a nomination to a U.S. service academy
- Completed application
- Sealed official transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation from adults who are not related to you
- Official SAT scores and/or official ACT scores
- We recommend that you take the ACT and/or SAT more than once.
- You must have at least one score on file with your application by Oct. 27, 2017.
- ACT Score Report Code: 7751, Evan H. Jenkins
- SAT Score Report Code: 5558, Evan H. Jenkins
For more information about our nation's service academies, please visit their websites:
U.S. Air Force Academy: www.usafa.af.mil
U.S. Merchant Marine Academy: www.usmma.edu
U.S. Military Academy at West Point: www.usma.edu
U.S. Naval Academy: www.usna.edu/
Best wishes to you as you pursue your goal of attending one of the U.S. service academies and serving our country.